Click photo to watch IB Visual Arts Video

Click photo to watch IB Visual Arts Video
Paola Kossakowska. Ghosts II (Mixed media (charcoal, chalk, acrylic paint) on paper. 84.1 x 118.9 cm)

Monday 9 March 2009

Year 8 Sculpture project


Year 8 has been working with cardboard and clay to produce sculptures of objects following a building process that is inspired on the work of Naum Gabo (see Naum Gabo post). Here are some examples of the sculptures and the beautiful watercolours they are also creating using Morandi as an inspiration.

On the 9th of March, early in the morning, this year 8 class dived into this task with admirable skill and concentration. More than admirable, it was, so far, never seen. Well done year 8!





4 comments:

  1. In my point of view I think that majority if not all of our classes sculptures were excellent. I looked at Giorgio Morandi´s still life sculptures and I thought that they were well structured what I mean by this is that he made it look as if all the objects were on top of each other but if we look closely we can see that the objects are in front or behind each other and that they are all on top of the table. As well as that I think that the colours he used catches peoples eyes and that is why in my opinion the structure is fully done and perfect in all details

    Tomás Ayash 8CW/8B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Giorgio Morandi’s work is very original. He used mainly bottles as his mannequins. Instead of applying bright colours to catch our attention, he painted the objects in a very realistic way.
    When I was reading the article about his life, he seemed an extremely sad and lonely person who transmitted this loneliness to his paintings. Most painters used people to pose for them, but he painted still life objects in nearly all of his work! Although the colours make us focus on the objects, they look very gloomy and sad.
    However, I really liked his work, but it seems a bit colourless to me.

    Diana Ferreira 8CW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Giorgio Morandi’s work is really simple. I think his works are ok, but for me, I think there is something missing on it & I preffer for the stuff like what Leonardo Davinci did.


    YUMA OSAWA   8CW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way giorgio morandi uses darker colours to make his prints and the fact that they are often symmetrical makes it appeal to me, but he also shows that he might not have been very happy man because he always uses darker colours

    to conclude, I think that his prints are unique and fascinating, but they are a bit dull

    Evin fay

    ReplyDelete